Wednesday 11 May 2011

The Rescuers - Bosnian exhibition title.

There was something very strange going on with the blog the other day, so I couldn't make any notes on the title images I had uploaded. During our meeting on Monday, Leora and I talked about having one of the Bosnian pictures as the title, which people in Bosnia also thought was a good idea. I've created this one with Danilo, which I like the best out of all of them. I like the lighting, and the surrounding black makes it much easier to place type than many of the other images. The heading has also been changed around to read "Picturing Moral Courage" and then "The Rescuers". This surprisingly proved to be a little tricky with type layout, and I think below is the best fit for both. I tried using both types used in the panels - Caslon Pro for the smaller text - but it didn't look right. Also, it was necessary to make the smaller title all caps because the descenders interfered with the larger type. I also tried the same type below in italic and bold, but in the end, the simpler, book version worked better. At 100%, the type doesn't look so squashed together.

Click to view type at 100%

Click to view at 17%



Also, panel design experiments are out - the design will go back to the simple version. Worth experimenting though!

No comments:

Post a Comment